2010/12/02

Goodbye, Memock!

Memock has posted his last entry to 'Life in Rural Thailand'.  The restaurant has been sold and they have said their farewells to Seerung's  family after their extended vacation through southern Thailand. If you haven't yet, visit his blog. 
He contacted me through this blog curious about life in Ubon during the Vietnam War and what his restaurant was then, being just outside the front gate of UBON RTAFB.
His blog has been a pleasure to follow and a wonderful connection to a place I knew in far different times.  His blog has allowed me to reconnect with several guys I was stationed there with in 1969.  The photos and movies/videos sent to him by former servicemen have been an awesome experience to view.  Through his blog Thailand became less a land far, far away and long, long ago for me.
Thank you, Andrew.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me. It has been great sharing your memories with others about Ubon during the war.
    I will keep checking this blog for great stories and also so that we stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete